Your role as a DevOps Engineer Frontend means being the star player in:
- work on state of the art technologies. We build our applications with Angular 10, rely heavily on NgRx state management. Serve the applications from NodeJS or our headless Sitecore 10 platform.
- take ownership and feel responsible for our applications serving more than 2 million energy customers that buy our electricity and gas products but also our Energy+ products and services such as Solar Panels, Heating, Isolation and Energy advice.
- feel the urge to keep our applications up-to-date and continuously improve the system with a strong focus on automation in our Gitlab CI/CD pipeline.
- work closely together with your Agile DevOps team and take part in the rituals of our SAFe way of working.
We are currently mainly working on features for two applications:
- Under the name Sitecore, we are working on a new digital platform with which we provide all our customers with a digital "my" environment. About 17,000 customers log in every day to arrange all their energy matters with this platform.
- Cockpit is the name of the application that our call center agents and back office employees work with. Every day, 400 colleagues use the software that we develop together to provide our customers with the best possible service and help as quickly as possible.
Your team works closely with our business’ exploitation teams, consisting of frontend developers, content managers and UI/UX designers to optimize the customer experience for each specific brand.
You embrace the DevOps mentality by giving and taking ownership, and the will to constantly improve. You are always looking for ways to make development life cycles better, simpler and more reliable.
You have a “you-built-it-you-own-it” mind set. You revel in continues improvement and are eager to develop your skills.
You adjust to constant business change; common types of changes include new requirements, evolving goals and strategies, and emerging technologies.
In this role, you will specifically work for the Essent brand. Essent is our full-service brand for consumers, SMEs and large businesses. At Essent, we not only know a lot about energy, but also about customers. We want to help consumers and companies in an accessible way, step-by-step, to make their home or business more sustainable. With the aim of saving energy. We do this together with our installers in the country. Not by making plans for the distant future; we know what is going on with customers today and we really do something with it. Essent helps you today with all your energy solutions. Big or small. For a carefree feeling - now and in the future.