Our ambition is clear: to be the no. 1 in the everchanging world of energy & gas. You’re on par for the role of DevOps Engineer Frontend in Den Bosch.
We will tackle this challenge together
Essent is the no. 1 retailer in the Netherlands and IT has a crucial role in the innovation and development of our services. For example to provide insight in energy data through apps.
Essent IT is working agile for a long time, at this moment we are shaping our organization towards DevOps to shorten our development cycle, innovate faster and become even more agile. For this transition we are looking for a DevOps Engineer Frontend in Den Bosch.
Developments in the energy market are moving rapidly. As Essent IT, we want to be able to respond quickly to the changing market, be sure that our IT services are always available and our customer data is safe.
As a DevOps Engineer Frontend you will:
- Work on state of the art technologies. We build our applications with Angular 9, rely heavily on NgRx state management. Serve the applications from NodeJS or our headless Sitecore 9 platform.
- Take ownership and feel responsible for our applications serving more than 2 million energy customers that buy our electricity and gas products but also our Energy+ products and services such as Solar Panels, Heating, Isolation and Energy advice.
- Feel the urge to keep our applications up-to-date and continuously improve the system with a strong focus on automation in our Gitlab CI/CD pipeline.
- Work closely together with your Agile DevOps team and take part in the rituals of our SAFe way of working.
Your team works closely with our business’ exploitation teams, consisting of frontend developers, content managers and UI/UX designers to optimize the customer experience for each specific brand.
You embrace the DevOps mentality by giving and taking ownership, and the will to constantly improve. You are always looking for ways to make development life cycles better, simpler and more reliable.
You have a “you-built-it-you-own-it” mind set. You revel in continues improvement and are eager to develop your skills.
You adjust to constant business change; common types of changes include new requirements, evolving goals and strategies, and emerging technologies.
We are Essent
Market leader in power and utilities in the Netherlands. A position we are proud of. Every day, we focus on finding new and smart ways to excel as one team. We thrive on focus, ownership and discipline. With our straightforward attitude we are able to link millions of consumers and entrepreneurs to us. Not just with power and gas, but also with energy-adjacent products and services. We won’t wait for tomorrow, but focus on today. As a part of E.ON, including brands such as energiedirect.nl, Powerhouse and Vandebron, we provide a true impact for our customers. In short, together we make affordable energy solutions available for all.
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Informatics, Business Informatics or equivalent fields.
- 3+ years of analysis and programming experience, preferably in a commercial organization.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex problems or processes, identify and understand requirements, and develop alternate solutions with the end consumer in mind.
- Experience in designing, developing, testing, deploying and/or operating applications/systems using proven or emerging technologies, in a variety of technologies and environments.
- Demonstrated ability to interact, develop, engineer, and communicate collaboratively and effectively at technical levels with clients, vendors, partners, and all levels of Essent staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- An EU working permit is required for this position.
- Strong expertise in software development and you:
- have a good practice with modern web application frameworks like React, Vue or preferably Angular
- have experience with state management frameworks like NgRx or redux
- know how to write asynchronous code using callbacks, promises or preferably observables
- have the know how to write semantic and accessible HTML
- understand the basics of content management, preferably within Sitecore
- preferably have knowledge about component structures within Sitecore
- have the skills to style your applications with CSS and know how to make use of CSS preprocessors like sass or less.
- have a practice of testing your own software through unit testing, TDD and/or BDD
- have noticeable experience in NodeJS and related frameworks like Express or NestJS
- have the know how to build a Docker container and deploy this in Kubernetes
- are experienced in developing and maintaining a CI/CD Pipeline (Git, Octopus)
- understand the difference between OOP and FP and know how to use these concepts in your daily work
What's in it for you?
You’ll be joining an organization that affords you freedom to experiment and in which taking risks is rewarded. In terms of salary, opportunities and personal growth. What can you expect from us?
- A job in a successful and leading European energy company that’s always on the move.
- A salary matching your level of education and work experience, between € 4.100 and € 5.856 gross per month based on 40 hours per week, excluding holiday allowance.
- Additional 10% performance bonus.
- 30 holiday days.
- An inspiring office environment and top-notch location in Den Bosch! And as our office is a mere 850 meters from Den Bosch central station, travelling by public transport is a great option. Particularly when travelling with the NS Business Card which we will issue you. Prefer your own car? In that case you will of course receive a kilometer allowance.
- A wide range of development and career growth opportunities.
Interested? Please apply with short motivational letter and resume. Our goal is a one-day Interviewing & job offer process.