Our ambition is clear: to be the no. 1 in the everchanging world of energy & gas. You’re on par for the role of DevOps Engineer Generic Applications in Den Bosch.
We will tackle this challenge together
Essent is the no. 1 retailer in the Netherlands and IT has a crucial role in the innovation and development of our services. For example to provide insight in energy data through apps.
Essent IT is working agile for a long time, at this moment we are shaping our organization towards DevOps to shorten our development cycle, innovate faster and become even more agile. For this transition we are looking for a DevOps Engineer Generic Applications in Den Bosch.
Developments in the energy market are moving rapidly. As Essent IT, we want to be able to respond quickly to the changing market, be sure that our IT services are always available and our customer data is safe.
As a DevOps Engineer Generic Applications you will:
- Take ownership and feel responsible for generic applications, Service Management tooling and applications that processes our Energy+ products and services sales such as Solar Panels, Heating, Isolation and Energy advice.
- Your team works closely with other teams, therefore you revel in communication, bringing all involved parties to the table to solve problems or initiate new functionalities.
- You embrace the DevOps mentality by giving and taking ownership, and the will to constantly improve our services.
- You understand the importance processes and procedures to remain in control. Especially Configuration Management / CMDB is the area your team is specialized.
We are Essent
Market leader in power and utilities in the Netherlands. A position we are proud of. Every day, we focus on finding new and smart ways to excel as one team. We thrive on focus, ownership and discipline. With our straightforward attitude we are able to link millions of consumers and entrepreneurs to us. Not just with power and gas, but also with energy-adjacent products and services. We won’t wait for tomorrow, but focus on today. As a part of E.ON, including brands such as energiedirect.nl, Powerhouse and Vandebron, we provide a true impact for our customers. In short, together we make affordable energy solutions available for all.
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and interpret complex problems or processes, identify and understand requirements, and develop alternate solutions with the end consumer in mind.
- Experience in configuring, testing, deploying and/or operating applications/systems in a variety of technologies and environments.
- Demonstrated ability to interact, develop, engineer, and communicate collaboratively and effectively at technical levels with clients, vendors, partners, and all levels of Essent staff.
- An EU working permit is required for this position.
- Strong expertise in process management and therefore you:
- are an expert in / ambassador of ITIL
- demonstrated experience with Configuration Management processes (maintain an accurate CMDB)
- have good practice with Service Management Tooling (like ServiceNow)
- have experience in building reports and can translate report requirements to sql statements
- Proven knowledge and experience with:
- Working-level knowledge of Agile, SAFe and DevOps practices. Background in agile software delivery.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in software engineering. Experience with configuration management and/or infrastructure-as-code tools in a plus.
- Interest in Cloud Operations. The goal is to create engineering solutions for operations problems.
- Able to communicate in English (Dutch is a plus).
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Able to act as a trusted advisor to DevOps teams, Product Owners and Product Managers
- Linux & XML language and Rest and Soap requests
- CRM tooling like SugarCRM & Suitecrm
- Instigate and chair meetings with other teams to solve problems or create new functionality.
What's in it for you?
You’ll be joining an organization that affords you freedom to experiment and in which taking risks is rewarded. In terms of salary, opportunities and personal growth. What can you expect from us?
- A job in a successful and leading European energy company that’s always on the move.
- A salary matching your level of education and work experience, between € 3.152 and € 4.902 gross per month based on 40 hours per week, excluding holiday allowance.
- Additional year-end bonus of 4,5%.
- 30 holiday days.
- An inspiring office environment and top-notch location in Den Bosch! And as our office is a mere 850 meters from Den Bosch central station, travelling by public transport is a great option. Particularly when travelling with the NS Business Card which we will issue you. Prefer your own car? In that case you will of course receive a kilometer allowance.
- A wide range of development and career growth opportunities.
Interested? Please apply with short motivational letter and resume. Our goal is a one-day Interviewing & job offer process.